Saturday, April 16, 2005

No knitting news

I'm afraid that there's no new knitting news this week. I've been out sick mostly all week. I get episodes of vertigo and that's how I spent this week. On Tuesday, I woke with mild dizziness and just took it easy most of the day. But then on Wednesday I felt better and even went to an appointment for a couple of hours in the afternoon. Thursday morning I woke on the Tilt-a-whirl. I couldn't even stand up the room was spinning so badly. I spent the day on the couch and rallied enough to go with dh to dd's softball game. In the late morning we realized that we had a very sick kitty and had to run him to the animal hospital. They kept him until Saturday with a urinary blockage. The vet said a few more hours and we would have lost him. Thankfully he's a lot better today and home again. He's a little slow and very snuggly right now, which he usually is not! He's got medicines and special food for a month until he goes back to recheck. Our dog really missed him while he was gone. Friday, I was unable to see the doc for the vertigo since he's not in on Fridays so I called my nurse at work and she recommended Benadryl or Dramamine for the dizziness. Both have helped me, but the Benadryl also puts me to sleep. so I spent Friday on the couch all day too! Geez, I feel like Sleeping Beauty...too bad I don't think I look much like her! This morning I was unable to stand up again so didn't get to go to work. I really hope this goes away soon. SIL retrieved the kitty for me so that's the bright spot of the day.
Hoping I'm getting off the tilt-a-whirl at the next stop.

No comments: