Sunday, April 10, 2005

Oh, I wish the weekend could last longer!

It's been a wonderful weekend even tho I really haven't done any knitting. Yesterday, I went to DD#2 softball game, tho she isn't playing very much, she's on the high school team. The won quickly in 2 2/3 innings. Scoring 18-3. It was a beautiful day to be outside, the temps were around mid 60's and sunny with a slight breeze. I had a good experience bidding on E-bay and actually won the item that I was bidding on. It's another version of Noah's ark. This one from Annie's Attic. The leaflet is out of print so I was very pleased to win it.
Today in church, I was able to finally pass out 3 of the baby giftie sweaters that I had knit. Only to find out the I need to make at least one more since there's now another new baby on the way to church families. I think the count is now 9 for the year! And there sitting in the pew beside my family was one of my dearest friends. Debbie and I have been friends for over 20 years! I was so sad when they moved away about a year ago. But they have family in the area and come often to visit. Sometimes, I miss seeing them since I often work on Sundays. But today was a bonus and she and her oldest DD were able to come to the house to visit for a few hours. It's just wonderful how you slip right back into conversations with old friends, just like a comfortable sweater, the fit is just right!
And to top it all off, today is Dh and my 24th wedding anniversary. We had a special dinner of pork ribs and salad that we cooked together.
Yes, it's been a great weekend. Oh, if only the weekend could last longer!

No comments: