Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Ufo's and FO'S or Before I start another Project

I'm trying to finish up some of the things in my bag before I start the Great American Aran Afghan Along on Knit and Chat. This is really hard for me...since I like to start new projects. But I know that I must...when the knitting bag is overflowing and there are other bags surrounding it...then DH asks...do you really need all this here right now????
YES!!! I really DO need all of that there! See this project is for So and SO ...and that is for SO and SO....see? I really do need it all!
Then Why do we have to go to the LYS??? Well....see there's this new project that I want to start...
No....I did need to finish something first. So here's what I did...
I finished this baby sweater for a gift at church. The shower for baby Dorothea was on Saturday and I gave the little hat and a "promise" of a sweater since I was behind on finishing it. Now it can be delivered.
I used a light pink acrylic and a ribbon strand together for the hat and yoke of the sweater. The hat is more of the true coloring.
It is the Precious Layette pattern from Leisure Arts. I like this pattern because it's made all in one piece...no seam to sew. And it works up quickly. There are 4 different variations but you can make up a lot more with colors or stripes. Check out the Babysweaters group on Yahoo for some more neat pics of the PL pattern.

Next, I've been working on the Entrelac socks...and NO>>>I'm NOT running a drawing for these! LOL...I've had so many people ask for them...I wish I could knit faster and faster. I've finished one of the socks. It's a fun pattern to work and I'm enjoying the color changes with the Regia Clown.
The pattern is from Knitter's magazine #75. I'm knitting it on size 1's. It calls for you to work on dpn's but I found that I just kept dropping the "toothpicks" out of my work. So, I've switched over to Magic Loop. This is working well but I have to be careful that I don't get turned around and work the next square the wrong direction!
It was getting late and I didn't want to start anything new last nite, so I worked a few rows on the 2 Sticks Aran...yes...it's still in my bag...No new pic of that yet, it didn't grow enough.
Also the FLAK part for the sleeves has been posted, but I'm being good...I'm finishing something before I get going on that again. AND...some have started their Aran afghan, but I'm being good...
Just keep repeating...no new project til something is done...no new project til something is done....AHHHHHHH no,,,I gotta go cast on something!
Knit on
Dee

No comments: