Sunday, October 17, 2010

What a great weekend! and a freebie for you




I've had a lovely weekend. On Saturday, I spent the day with my youngest daughter, Caiti, while Hubby and oldest son were hunting. We went to visit my 2nd son and spent about 2 hours visitnig and sharing lunch with him. then we went for lunch ourselves at Friendly's. That's one of our favorite restaurants but my hubby doesn't like to eat there so we only go when it's "just us girls". Then we spent some time at Bath andBody. http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/home/index.jsp



Smelling all the wonderful scents and trying to choose which we should buy. I got the Forever Sunshine and Twilight woods. She bought Dark Kiss. They also had hand sanitizers and candles on sale. it's so hard to pick just one.

I got a Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin candle

that I'm enjoying even as I type this. Then we went home and played Mario on the Wii for awhile. Finishing up the night watching the Phillies baseball game. unfortunately they lost :( This morning, we went to church and then out for lunch at Perkin's as a family. Hubby, me, oldest son, his lady and her son and my youngest daughter. After that we spent some time at my older daughter's house with her and my grandson. When I had to come home to get some work done, she and hubby stayed to watch football.

I quick crocheted an autumn scarf for her to take back to college when she leaves this evening. I think she'll be surprised and like it. I hope you all do too! here's a freebie for all of you. please leave a comment or link up as a follower.
AUTUMN FANCY SCARF
By Dee Wagner LamsieDee Designs

Materials: crochet hook size N (10mm)
Lion Brand Homespun yarn (I used color 381 Barley)
Approximately 2 oz Ribbon style flag novelty yarn (this can be any novelty yarn)

Stitches used: slip stitch, chain, single crochet, double crochet

Instructions: Holding both yarns together, ch 80, dc in 3rd ch from hook, dc in next ch, ch1, skip next ch, *dc in next 2 ch, ch1, skip next ch* repeat to end of beginning chain. Do not turn. Ch1, sc in each dc and space around, working 4sc in side of the stitch at the end of row and continue around the other side of the scarf. Working in the other side of the beginning ch. When you get back to the beginning ch 1, join with sl st and end off. Weave in ends. You can add fringe if you choose.

Copywrite LamsieDee Designs October 2010

No comments: