Wednesday, October 27, 2010

life goes on..knitting, remodeling etc.






I've been knitting on a hat for my grandson. it's the pattern Checkerboard mesa from Patternfish. www.patternfish.com/patterns/4771 It's an easy repeat. This is worked Fair isle with stranded yarns. I haven't done it in a long time so I have to be careful of my tension.
But it's quick to work. I've done most of it in 2 evenings. I hope to finish it this week so he'll have it. We're supposed to get cooler weather for next week. Then I need to get started on some sweaters for him. I usually try to do 2 or 3 every year for him. thankfully he's a cold type of kid and loves to wear sweaters and hats. It makes a gramma happy if they wear the stuff you make. He loved one of the first big boy sweaters that I made for him so much that his mom had to pry it off of him to wash it. he wore it every day.


Finally got the living room painted. It's a pretty color called Irish Coffee. The electric is re-wired to the ceiling, outlets and switches. we still need to put the ceiling fan back up. there's still a lot of work to do. Moulding at the top, paint the woodwork, carpet and then finally re-furnish. but it's looking more live-able. I can see the light far far away at the end of the tunnel.

Got my flu shot on Monday and my arm is still sore. I hate that the muscle gets so sore and you feel like you can't use your arm. it wakes you up in the nite when you roll on it. carrying laundry and bathing the dog doesn't help it much.
Halloween parade here in town tonite. It will go right past my oldest DD's house so we plan to go sit with my grandson and family to watch. I better go get supper going so we're ready in time.
til next time.. keep knitting



.

No comments: