Thursday, February 02, 2006

I like my dentist...but I HATE dentists...

I just started to go to a new dentist because the dental insurance at work is only taken by certain offices. I went last week to have a toothache checked out. and let's just say...I HATE GOING TO THE DENTIST! I have a bunch of work needed to be done but here's the problem
I need to have a tooth pulled and some cavities filled in February. I'm so "dental phobic" I can hardly even go for checkups. I had to take a little stuffed hippo with me to keep squeezing. Poor hippo...has nearly no fur left after just xrays and a checkup. They gave me tranquilizers to take before I go to the pulling. I'm already stressing and it's not til next week. I remember the head phones idea from when my kids went yrs ago. The dentist was fairly young and new...and he used it in his office.That was the first I ever heard of it. He had tapes and headphones to borrow for the kids so they wouldn't hear the drilling and filling. I'll be buying a cd player and some relaxing music tomorrow for my visit. Please pray for me...since I know it will be really hard for me to actually go thru with the work that I need to have done. I think it was easier for me to go have my appendix out and go for an overnite in hospital heart check than it is to go to this appt. I wasn't nearly as stressed as I am now.
The new dentist and all the assistants and everyone in the office seemed really nice and my insurance will be paying for most of it. But I still have to actually GO and have it done. PLEASE...please remember me to help me be calm and get this work done. I think I need more yarn today...and tomorrow...and maybe even the next day..just to hold and comfort me. As it gets closer and closer...I'm stressing more and more....the knitting will help...
Here's the prescription:3 times daily....
take 4 tylenol...one antibiotic and LOTS AND LOTS of wool ...and wait for the dental appointment on Tuesday. Knit on thru all crisises...(and In MY mind...this is surely one of them)
Dee

No comments: